At Aldenham Country Park we have an open children's educational farm. It is a working farm with a wide variety of animals from small to large, including birds, poultry, alpacas, geese, rabbits, ferrets, guinea pigs, goats, sheep, pigs and cows. Entry is £3.50 per child (over the age of 2), and £4.00 per adult.
Dogs are welcome on the farm, however they must stay on the lead and be kept under control at all times.
Activities on the farm
- Feed the animals! - You can purchase animal feed from the Farm Shop - £3 for 1 bag, or £5 for 3 bags. Please respect the signs next to each of the animal pens to ensure the correct food is given to the right animals.
- Pet the animals! - At 10.30am, 1.30pm and 3.00pm (subject to change) you can get to know, and pet some of our smaller animals on Lower Farm. (Free with Farm Entry)
- Play Barn and The Snug - Have fun in our newly refurbished Play Barn features a colourful soft play area, ride-on tractors, and a bouncy castle! Or relax in The Snug Room and help yourself to tea and coffee. (Free with Farm Entry)
Please book for the following activities below in order to check availability and to avoid disappointment:
- Egg collecting - Every day at 12:00, join the farmer on a tour around the farm looking at our different breeds of chickens, then go inside the layer chickens' coop to collect a tray of eggs. Each egg collector then gets to choose 6 of their eggs to take home! £9.95 per child and an accompanying adult
- Goat experience - This Summer, join our farmer to meet some different breeds of goat, you can feed them, pet them, and then take our three goat kids - Paddy, Pedro, and Polly for a walk around the farm! £9.95 per child and an accompanying adult
- Farm boot camp - An exciting experience for any animal lover, help our farmer feed, handle, and care for the animals around the farm. £35 for 1 child (8 years and older) and an accompanying adult. Every Tuesday during the summer holidays, starting at 10am.
- Free Farm Tour - join us on our Free farm tour at 4pm every weekday over the summer holidays. Learn about what we do on the farm and how we look after our animals. There will be plenty of opportunity for questions and petting! (Free with Farm Entry)